Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Agony Uncle

Couple of weeks back got delayed in office for work[ofcourse for work. What else?] and this happened on the way back home in cab. The radio was tuned to some FM channel,I dont remember which though. And given the late night time the program on air was some sort of "Agony aunt" Or "Love Guru" types. Heard the most stupid, inane Q & A Session.

Dumb Radio Jockey: Heloo.... Who do we have on air now? Hey Hellooooooo
Dumb Female Caller: Hiiiiii, This is Anjana,Hieeee
DRJ: So Anjana, Good Evening so tell me how can i help you..
DFC: Yaaa actually i have a problem.
DRJ: Am Sure.We ll try and help you get over Anjana, tell us about it
DFC: Thankssss
DRJ: Go on
DFC: I am in a relation with this guy, My Boyfriend (Giggling)
DRJ: Okaay ! and...
DFC: Actuallly he beats me.
DRJ: Oh ! As in he beats you up? Physically? Beats you?
DFC: Ya he does and he gets violent for silly reasons
DRJ: So Anjana, tell me how old are you?
DFC: Am 22.
DRJ: And this guy, how old is he?
DFC: He is 26.
DRJ: Ok Here is the thing Anjana, you are a mature girl ok. You should understand that he has got no right to beat you or get violent with you ok.
DFC: yyaaaa i know, so what should i do
DRJ: You need to tell him strongly to stop beating you. OK?
DFC: Ok i will tell him.Thanksss for helping. (giggling)
DRJ: Thats good. So what song can i play for you now?
DFC: "Agar Tum Mil Jaao...Zamana Chodh Denge hum"...
DRJ: And any particular person you want to dedicate this to?
DFC: Ya.. to my Boyfriend.
DRJ: OK Heres... Agar Tum Mil Jaao... going out for you and your boyfriend .. Enjoy !

I Mean ! how dumb, I cant belive the lady actually called to tell the whole world that her boyfriend beats her up and then was satisfied with the stupid solution the RJ gave her ! My guess its all managed, OR some guys call just for TP. What say ?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

OR that RJ might be trying to counsel just like how you try to crack jokes.Wow,what a competitive world !

Usha said...

teehee..
what I found the most funny was the choice of song she wanted to dedicate to her boyfriend after accusing him of all that! hmm.. mature girl indeed. :P

I remember listening to such dumb radio talk sometime back with a bunch of friends n rotfl -ing. They are actually fun time-pass if you look at it that way!

Pranjal said...

I agree with Usha! I mean... :-o...!! Words absolutely fail me!!

IallTheway said...

I don't find anything funny here! The 0.01% probablity that this is true makes me cringe.. Stockholm syndrome! heard of it!! If this girl has a case of this syndrome I'm not surprised at her choice of song.. Maturity has got nothing to do with this if you think of it.. and what the hell is wrong with that RJ "tell him" Duh! like she didn't already.. Break up with that coward! and before you do that break his jaw! I just hope this is all rigged.. Sorry about the rant..

Santosh said...

@gee - Its always better to have competetion re. Brings out the best from people :-)

@ Usha - Hai na ! me tooo. I totally think its all stage managed, no one calls them.

@Pranjal - read the upar wala comment :-) :-)

@ Raji - Aayoo Rama ! See its aboslutely not funny if this happeneing to her yaar ! Me not that mean or sadist to make fun of her misery.

My intent of writing this here, was cos i totally belived that they are faking it, I mean the girl was giggling thorugh out and they expect us to belive that some one with genuine problem call them?

If this has come across in any other way; I am really soory to the RJ, The girl who had called and ofcourse you and all others who would have misunderstood !

I was just trying to be funny and i uess have miserabely failed. ! Again! :-(

Santosh said...

@@ Raji - And no need to be sorry for ranting ya ! Apna hi blog hai, Kuch bhi likho ;-) okies !

Anonymous said...

LOL this indeed is a made up one. And it's fun to listen to all the crap they play on radio these days. I listen to vivid bharathi sometimes.. where jawans on the border write to them requesting some songs for their family. They seem genuine to me. Cos I know that's their only source of entertaintment while gaurding the borders. I have a friend who in the army and he tells me it's the most hostile conditions they live in:(
Ok this was supposed to be a fun post. why am I making a morose comment!

Smini said...

I second all of them.. Guess 90% of it is staged to spice up the show...

IallTheway said...

Santosh - I seem to have lost my funny-bone here. If it is rigged like what you all say.. whats wrong with all these people.. Santosh.. ur humor is good.. I'm the only one who didn't get it..but i got your other jokes.. didn't i :) and this happens to the best of comics.. Don't quit being funny.. looks like that is one of your USPs

Imp's Mom said...

its so fake... anybody who has been beaten by a boyfriend or spouse will not giggle!

and im still at the net palor :(

RS said...

Sounds totally stage managed else - that girl IS really crazy! And what a song to dedicate after saying all that!!