Monday, July 21, 2008

Only... Only 7 Useless Facts About Me !!!

Picked this Tag from Rajeshwari : Lol I am a TAG-PICKER :o)

  1. I hate anything and everything that is to do with numbers, 2 digit multiplication is still a distant dream, Subtraction a nightmare, Addition i manage somehow but i need my time, Divisions i've stopped trying. I have the distinct record of flunking all my Math examinations from 6th Std right untill Preliminary exams of 10th. Scrapped through my Matriculation examination with 98 Marks.... From 150 not 100 :o). But still i consider this as lifes greatest achievement.
  2. I have joined the maximum number of courses, vocational courses and not finished them. I have joined MBA coaching, CA Coaching, M.Com at Bombay University, Java at concourse, Oracle RDBMS at SSI and then i lost track.
  3. I have read Shantaram 3 Times and Kane and Abel 2 times and seen Andaz Apna Apna fully about 9-10 times.
  4. I lost my first salary ! Some chor picked my pocket :-( on a subarbun bus in Bombay.
  5. I had a superstition of saying a lil prayer on the 9th step of the staircase when leaving my house in Bombay. This one died a natural death when i left Bombay
  6. 4 of my friends have had thier footwear stolen when they accompanied me to the Siddhi-Vinayaka temple in Bombay. My friends stopped coming with me to the temple, They suspect i have a "setting" with the chappal chor gang.
  7. I have worn the same wrist watch for 14 years.

Free for all TAG, Do Pick up :o)

11 comments:

Pooots said...

ha ha.. you read Shantaram 3 whole times??!! Thats amazing!!
Even I liked that book a lot, but I have read it only once

Unknown said...

2nd and 3rd are true with me too. I did the same thing to MBA and Java courses I took up.So did lose my salaray and not once many times whenever I saw some sale on my way back home from work :)

Hey,did u break up with your chappal chor gang and is that the reason for losing your own chappals sometime ago?

RS said...

MBA course - yo! Am right there with you. Dont think I will complete it anytime. Happened with all my hobby classes-painting/dancing and then singing!

Sneha said...

geeeeeee..hey Santosh,
Completely Useless, Yet Interesting facts

Usha said...

you lost your 1st salary? did you? seriously? gosh that must've been tough!!!

and yes, ditto with me on the courses thingy.. but hey, atleast we try!! :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting!! How on earth u find time to read Shantaram once let alone thrice!! I am still struggling.
BTW a suggestion - try reading a fine balance by rohinton mistry - just once :)

Santosh said...

@Poots : Thanks for stopping by :) I guess i liked it a tad too much ;0)

@Gee : Hey you remember the chappal chor incident ! Nice memory yaaa ! he he !

@RS : Lol I did not venture into hobby classes, if i had hobby classes added to the list of educational classes, i am sure i would not have been living with my dad from long :0)

@ Sneha - hai na :-) thanks !!

@Usha :Haan Yaar ! Serious ! lost a full 750/- It was a huuuuuge sum for me that time you know :-(
Ya ofcourse we try ! that s a good positve way of looking at it, I now wonder how my dad did not look at it that way :0)

@Anonymous : you are consistently Anonymouns arent you :0).. he he ya i have read Fine Balance too, but just once. I loved that one too :0) Thoda depressing hai, but chalta hai ! About reading shantaram Thrice, I bought the Hard cover version for something like 1000 bucks, toh paisa vasool karne ke liye 3-4 bar read kiya :p

Pranjal said...

Nice!

Well, since you're so good with tags, here's another one - you've been tagged... Heh!

IallTheway said...

Those were the best 7 useless facts and interesting too :) I enjoyed reading it.. except the salary thing :(

Jyoti said...

lol...wht abt ur chappal on independence day (if i remember correctly).. ditto to Kane & Able, and computer classes, and lost my sal too though not first one, but from my first job...

fun reading your list, now gtg read raji's list :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your losing your first salary :( but the rest really brought a smile on a lousy day for me :) Thanks!