Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Campus... Rampus !

Had been to a Campus recruitment drive for my office at a deemed university in Coimbatore over the weekend, as much as i hated going there! I enjoyed a lot, met people who i thought exsisted only in films or books !

Everyone i met had a story to tell, some funny, some boring, some cute, some sad, some touching.

Few Excerpts....

**The Shy Guy**

A guy has written in Cv under personal qualities :Extrovert, confident, friendly.

During the interview I asked him,Tell me one bad quality about yourslef.

HE : I am a very shy person sir
ME : But you have wriitten you are an extrovert,friendly person!
HE :I am a shy extrovert sir.
ME : What is a shy extrovert?
HE : Me sir.
ME : Then why do u think you are an extrovert?
HE: I like talking to people sir.
ME : But you said you are a shy person.
HE : Yes sir, that's why I don't talk to them
ME : You are confusing me now
HE : Yes sir
ME : You agree you are confusing me?
HE : Yes sir !
ME : And why r u doing that?
HE : That's one more bad quality in me sir when I talk I confuse people. So I am shy
ME : Ah !!!!!!!

** The lover Boy **

ME: Tell me something about yourself, your personality,the kind of person you are?
HE : I like making friends !
ME : So... How many girl friends do you have?
HE : Three !
ME : Three !!!!! ?
HE : Yes sir
ME : You have three girl friends ? What did you join college for? Studying or flirting!!!
HE : No sir I don't flirt...
ME : You have 3 girl friends and you say you don't flirt ?
HE : Yes sir
ME : So you plan to marry all three...
HE : Oh no sir... I don't have lover... Just girlfriend !!

*****
ME : Why should I hire you?.
SHE :Because I am giving the interview.

******
ME : Why should I hire you?.
SHE :Because you are asking me tough questions which I am able to answer.


***
ME : Why do you want to join IT
HE : Because no other company comes for campus interviews

5 comments:

Sneha said...

Oh I can imagine the campus students doing this.Amazing timepass when u go for recruitment even for experienced people too.

I am sure u must have made fool of them and had fun and though had a serious face when u heard their reply.

S.. Diva said...

too good!!!
i remember speaking crap like that when i gave campus interviews myself

Unknown said...

I remember doing interviews and having these weird conversations with people... u just don't know if they are trying to make a fool of you or they seriously thnk like that...

Usha said...

gud one!

but then sometimes u have ur share of fun as an interviewee too.. like wot i had experienced few years back for a job as a lateral entry. But then, seemingly the interviewer was too used to hiring freshers.
He asked me whether I knew the meaning of my name?
me said: yes, 'Dawn'!
the look on the poor guy's face is something I could never forget.. guess he heard it as DON! n thought I must be pulling his leg, and he just wasn't prepared for that!
n then I spelled out D-A-W-N for him with a gleeful grin! :D

Poornima said...

:D That was hilarious! How many of these did you end up hiring?
Deemed university - let me guess, either it was Amrita or KCT! Which one? :)