Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Code Word FM

I have been observing this for the past few days, will do so for a few more days. If the results are positive it would mean that me and the cab driver connect at a deep level, Else whatever is happening is pure co-incidence.

Every day i am the first one to get picked up in the Indicab. The FM radio is switched off. I open up a book and start reading. After about 10 mins two more guys get picked up. The FM is still not on.

At this point all the usual stupid coversation that everyone is having just for the heck of it starts, Hey Man ! how are you ! Saw the match ? Etc etc ! And then there is the usual between the conversation silence. The FM is still off.

I start humming a song, any song. ***Wooooosh***** the cabbie moves in a flash and switches on the Radio. I WONDER WHY !!!!! Below is what my deep analysis has led me to believe.

1) He feels am a horrible singer and thinks whatever crap the radio plays is better than even letting me hum !!!
2) The moment he hears me singing, he is reminded that his cab also has a radio.
3) He actually waits for my signal and thinks it is some sort of a good omen!

This has happened continously for more than a week now ! and i am not gonna break this tradition. From tomorrow i am gonna plan which song i am gonna hum too :-)

4 comments:

Sneha said...

Wonderful analysis..it is so funny ur and cabbie's FM Revolution..

Jyoti said...

Funny..u n ur cabbie's deep rooted FM connection :-)

So which song did u finally pick to hum?

Anonymous said...

something to cheer up dreary cab rides i would say!!

noticed 'Curious Incident..' in your book list...loved tat book...and i tried ur shelfari widget...wouldn't work :(

Gees said...

So there's pop star in the making.Good going Santz,time to switch profiles :)