Monday, June 16, 2008

Better Late then Ever !!!

What is it about me and being early; I am early even when I am late.

Today I walked in to a video conference room at 2.10 for a meeting scheduled at 2.00 and Lo! I am the first one to walk into that empty room. And then within the next 3 minutes the whole room is abuzz! Where were all of them till 2.09? Hiding somewhere and waiting for me to get in? By the way, it’s not only about this meeting its true for any conference call that I am invited to. When I dial in I hear " Please Wait while the chair person arrives" And If on some occasion where I am the invitee I hear " you are the first participant to join the call ; Please Wait"

#$@!# Am I born to wait?

I think I have a reputation. I have waited for friends below the platform # 1 indicator when in Bombay for so long; I guess many would have thought I live there. I reach huffing and puffing, feeling guilty as hell for being about 5-7 mins late only to find there is no one there, and within the next couple of minutes or hours they all start trickling one by one! I have never had the privilege to keep people waiting, as hard as I try they try harder and Darn it but they always win!

Once I reached for my friends engagement venue to see an empty hall, Amazed and embarrassed I called him to know that he is still at home and yet to start for the venue.

Am telling you folks! It’s all a big conspiracy the world’s playing on me! And all my friends and colleagues from through out the world are deeply involved in this.

I won’t let them get me….. I WILL BE LATE NEXT TIME!!!!! You just wait… :o)

9 comments:

Jyoti said...

patience is a virtue you knw...:P

IallTheway said...

hahaha!! You sound like my dad :D Well atleast ur setting a good example..

Sneha said...

good .. U enter late and still no need to apologize to anybody ... I hope atleast other team mates ask an appology.

Usha said...

-'Am I born to wait?'

lols!!!

btw, dude, you've been tagged.. again!! :)

Anonymous said...

And I thought I was the only one who waits in this world.

Nice write up:)

Anon - (yeah we dont know eachother:D)

Unknown said...

It's still better that you went for someone else's wedding reception and found they would be arriving late.Guess what? On my wedding reception my hubby and I were ready to welcome our guests but waited for 30 mins before the first guest arrived !!!!

RS said...

All the best for your late going Santoz!! Its better to go in to the meeting a couple of mins early than go in a couple of mins late and have everyone stare at you like you've had the time of your life in those last 2 mins!!

Dhanya said...

Ha nice to know there are more tortured souls like me :)

Abhipraya said...

Oh this one I can relate to! I am always always early...like you said even when I am late I am early. I blame it on my mother! She'd never let us be late for anything.