Friday, January 4, 2008

What Has Changed ?


Ten years ago in the year 1997 i was in Goa on new years eve. OK ! Before the millions of people all around the world who read my blog jump to the conclusion that i was there partying ! YOU ARE WRONG. With out digressing onto what i was doing in Goa, Let me get back to the point.

I did not have a cell phone that time, I am not sure if anyone in India had a cell phone then, i was living in distant town named Tivim. YET ! i walked 3.5 Kms to the nearest STD booth to call my family and friends and wish them a Happy New Year at the stroke of mid-night. I hardly had money in my pocket, yet i spent about 20 25 /- to call them up and talk to them. And Believe me 20 25 /- was a huge sum for me then, could have bought me few glasses of beer :-)

Now, coming to the year 2007. I have a cell phone in my pocket, I dont have to walk anywhere to make the call.The bill is paid by the company, dont have to spend a dime on the call. YET, I did not call anyone. It was one common sms to all and sundry.

Am i the only one who has changed for bad, or the world in general has become impersonal. I promise to change !

That brings me to something my Granny sarcastically told me a few months back. Heres what she said.

"Few years back people did not have the means to make calls, talk to near and dear ones, but had the will. Now all of you are walking with the means to talk to near and dear ones in your hands, but do not have the will"

Hard Hitting Fact Eh ? Well.....

5 comments:

Sneha said...

True Granny told the correct fact!

S.. Diva said...

same here. the cell phone and the company-paid-bill... except i am worse. i didnot even send the common sms.. i feel like !@#$

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Gees said...

I can make out the difference,you wished me on my wedding anniversary as well as on my b'day :)

Anonymous said...

new year and no new posts? :) is san d keeping u v busy?